Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter3010
Level: Powered On

Flow approval error: CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well!

Microsoft flow approval is throwing the error "CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase" (screenshot below) while creating the approval. Scenario: User is submitting the request from PowerApps and request is going to manager for approval.

Note: User have permission on app via security role along with CDS environment make role. Screenshots below for reference.

Could someone please shed some light on this on priority and users are behind me. Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Flow error.pngFlow error 2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow approval error: CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase

Hey @Peter3010 

Can you check and confirm that there is a CDS database provisioned for the environment in which you are running this flow? If yes, can you check the solutions page and see the MS Flow Approvals solution there? If no, you will have to first provision a CDS database (System Administrator required) for this to work. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Peter3010
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow approval error: CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase

Hey @yashag2255 ,

Many thanks for your reply.

To below, on 2nd option - yes the MS flow solution is not not present in my current environment where flow is running and i am getting the error "CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase" and MS flow solution is present in my newly created solution that's the only difference i have found out. Below screenshot from your reference:

Flow solution_Dev.pngEnvt1: Where i am not getting the error as MS flow solution is present.

Flow solution_PROD.pngEnvt2: Where i am getting the error as MS flow solution is not present.

Could you please redirect or guide me how can i get MS flow solution in another environment or how can i provision the CDS DB. I have D365 PowerApps license.

Admin.pngDo i need admin here to provision the CDS database?? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,370)