Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow approval error: CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well!

Microsoft flow approval is throwing the error "CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase" (screenshot below) while creating the approval. Scenario: User is submitting the request from PowerApps and request is going to manager for approval.

Note: User have permission on app via security role along with CDS environment make role. Screenshots below for reference.

Could someone please shed some light on this on priority and users are behind me. Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Flow error.pngFlow error 2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Flow approval error: CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase

Hey @Peter3010 

Can you check and confirm that there is a CDS database provisioned for the environment in which you are running this flow? If yes, can you check the solutions page and see the MS Flow Approvals solution there? If no, you will have to first provision a CDS database (System Administrator required) for this to work. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flow approval error: CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase

Hey @yashag2255 ,

Many thanks for your reply.

To below, on 2nd option - yes the MS flow solution is not not present in my current environment where flow is running and i am getting the error "CdsUserDoesNotHavePermissionsToCreateDatabase" and MS flow solution is present in my newly created solution that's the only difference i have found out. Below screenshot from your reference:

Envt1: Where i am not getting the error as MS flow solution is present.Envt1: Where i am not getting the error as MS flow solution is present.

Envt2: Where i am getting the error as MS flow solution is not present.Envt2: Where i am getting the error as MS flow solution is not present.

Could you please redirect or guide me how can i get MS flow solution in another environment or how can i provision the CDS DB. I have D365 PowerApps license.

Do i need admin here to provision the CDS database??Do i need admin here to provision the CDS database?? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,878)