Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenfloyd666
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Flow brings a date earlier to the one selected in SP list

Afternoon

I have a holiday approval flow running. It fires when a user selects a date in a SP list. The approval works fine but when the data comes through the day before is showing, so when an Outlook event is created it's the wrong date. Is there a regional date setting in Power Automate I can check, or has anyone encountered this before? 

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@darrenfloyd666 

Two things-

1. SharePoint site regional settings.

2. Flow uses UTC time zone. it is advised that use convert time zone action or function in expression.

Thanks

Hardesh

Thanks @Hardesh15

The SP site is set to London UTC as is Outlook, so I'm a little confused as to what and how I convert the dates to. I've configured the action as below but I'm not sure of it.

TimeZone.png

@darrenfloyd666 

Select Source time : Coordinated Universal Time

Then check if it solves your problem.

Thanks

Hardesh

Thanks @Hardesh15 I'll try it out and check back in

@Hardesh15 

I'm getting the following error: Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Convert_time_zone_2' at line '1' and column '35910': 'The template language function 'converttimezone' expects its fourth parameter to be a string that contains a date time format. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#ConvertTimeZone for usage details.'.

@darrenfloyd666 

You Can also use Convert time zone action instead of expression.

Annotation 2020-07-23 211711.jpg

please Share your convert time zone expression. Correct way to use it in expression-

convertTimeZone(utcnow(),'UTC','India Standard Time','dd/MM/yyyy')

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,416)