cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Flow bug even after run

please see the result below, the images. the issue here is, even my flow succeeded and also the output was as expected from the previous step, but the flow did not give me correct output. 

when the approval is Yes it should go and execute the If yes statement of block, but it is only giving me If no result even the user clicks on approve button. 

All experts, will you please fix this? or if im missing you explain why? and this is not once it happens every next flow, and to fix this i have to create new flow, which is pathetic., the other thing is it does not the SPlist as the response is submitted, even if i wait 10 mins and refresh the response is same, in my Splist, 

for eg. when form submitted response by default is Pending, 

When approved should be updated with approve, 

but no such thing taking place. 

i dont how and why, but this issue is causing a lot of problems to my work, can any one help? or raise the flag to this ? Display.pngUntitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JohnAageAnderse 

Thanks for the help, but i found the solution, there was issue with flow, For Each loop was making an issue and also the values ID column was incorrect.

Thanks

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Super User
Super User

Hello @Tapesh 

Please add the screenshots 🙂

Kind regards, John

Super User
Super User

Hello @Tapesh 

Please show the condition that you are using.

It should be something like "Outcome" equals "Yes".

Kind regards, John

@JohnAageAnderse 

Sorry about that i have update the new one please find images 

I tried outcome as well,  and response as well, but same Untitled.png

Hello @Tapesh 

Ok, if Outcome did not work, then Outcome does not get the Yes value.

Can you expand your Approval action and show us?

Kind regards, John

Hi the approval flow is working fine now, but now the issue is, the value is not update in Splist even after the approval, Why?

Hello @Tapesh 

The approval action outcome is just that, an information to you that someone approved it or rejected it.

You then have to act on the outcome, either do something like updating the file, or do nothing.

Kind regards, John

Please see the screen shots hope this might help both of us to get solution @JohnAageAnderse Display.pngUntitled.png

Hello @Tapesh 

What is the Status column type?

Single line of text? Choice? or?

Will it accept the value that Outcome has?

Kind regards, John

@JohnAageAnderse 

Hi john its single-line text 

Hello @Tapesh 

Then your update file should work and the status column will have the value from the Outcome.

After your run, try to investigate the output from that action to verify that the status column is given the Outcome value.

Also, refresh the page in the browser to ensure that any changes will be shown.

Kind regards, John

@JohnAageAnderse 

Thanks for the help, but i found the solution, there was issue with flow, For Each loop was making an issue and also the values ID column was incorrect.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (65,717)