cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow built off attachment name

I've got a complex flow to build and this will be my second flow (my first was to pick the fun "save my attachments to OneDrive).  Needless to say...  Anyway, any help is appreciated.

The details:

We have outside investment partners who are invested in different properties we manage.  We have teams that move from property to property and they'll generate emails with production reports attached as spreadsheets or PDFs.  Only relevant attachments need to end up in partner hands. The problem we have is that we're accidentally cc'ing incorrect partners for specific properties.  We want a single internal email address (like Partner_Flow) that the teams can use to send all emails and Flow will parse out the attachment's file names, and based on the name of the attachment will copy Partner_Flow and the attachment will be forwarded to the correct partner.

I envision this having two to three components.  I've already created the shared mailbox "partner_flow" and I'll need a SharePoint list that will have the filename string and the associated partner email address.

The flow will see new email in the shared mailbox, check the attachment filenames against the list and send the attachment to the appropriate destination.

I've got no idea where to start.  Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow built off attachment name

@MichaelG1:

Can you provide some examples of the attachment file names?  That will be helpful in coming up with a solution.

Also, have you considered creating a separate shared mailbox for each property?  Then, the Flow would be very simple to create.  The Flows would be the same fo each mailbox except for the emaill address of the individual who gets the email.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted

As an example:   

lot 17 - 22W - production.xlsx

lot 17 - 22W - variance.pdf

lot 18 - 18W - production.xlsx

lot 18 - 18W - variance.pdf

There would be a Sharepoint (or SQL) table that has:

Location    Partner

lot17 - 22W     someone@partnerthatinvestedin lot 17 - 22w.com

lot18 - 18W     someone@partnerthatinvestedin lot 18 - 18w.com

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@MichaelG1

Is it possible that the emails will go to more than 1 person?

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted

Yes, but that would be a distribution list, so only one address.

Highlighted

@ScottShearer  regarding separate shared mailbox for each property, I prefer the SharePoint solution as it allows for self-service by the department.  If it's a shared mailbox, IT will have to create the mailboxes for every new property. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,562)