cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hallsop
Level: Powered On

Flow cannot be used as a child workflow because it is on an old version of Flow. Please re-create it inside a solution.

Hi there all,

I've been trying to use the new child flows feature in the solutions environment. I have followed the instructions as described here, but when trying to add one of the flows it says "cannot be used as a child workflow because it is on an old version of Flow. Please re-create it inside a solution.". The flow is part of the solution, and I have even tried copying the logic to a completely new flow, but the error still occurs. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I've made sure the connectors are not using the run-only user)

3 REPLIES 3
mrventerjaco

Re: Flow cannot be used as a child workflow because it is on an old version of Flow. Please re-create it inside a solution.

I have the same issue, I did even create it in the Solutions page,  any updates on this?

NickDewitt
Level 8

Re: Flow cannot be used as a child workflow because it is on an old version of Flow. Please re-create it inside a solution.

Getting the same thing here too.

One solution is to use the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector only, but it seems that certain connectors/actions are causing this message to be displayed with no indication as to which element is causing the problem, the only way to figure it out seems to be trial and error.

hallsop

I think the issue could be to do with me using the approvals connector in the child flow, which is irritating as it is basically the only connector I need to use in it. The common data service connectors require a premium subscription don't they? I would happily carry on using http to run flows if they weren't making it premium. Is there anyone from microsoft who can elaborate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,441)