cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow condition cancelled

I recently built a flow which looks for a modified list item in sharepoint and uses a condition based on an items value.  When I run this flow, maybe 80 percent of the time the run history states that the condition was cancelled. When the flow works, the condition states True.  

What is causing the cancelled state?   Also sometimes the flow will not trigger with the "when an existing item is modified" Any suggestions?

Flow 1.pngFlow 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow condition cancelled

Hi @Kthomas,

First of all, because the conditions set in the Condition are not met, Flow executes the action in the If NO branch.

The value of Status set in the Terminate action is Cancelled, so Run history shows that the Condition is Cancelled.

If the logic of the Condition judgment you configured is correct, it is normal to display Cancelled, because most of your Column values may not contains "Complete Pending Decision".

In addition, “When an existing item is modified” is actually “When an item is created or modified”.

For more information on the SharePoint connector, please refer to link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kthomas,

First of all, because the conditions set in the Condition are not met, Flow executes the action in the If NO branch.

The value of Status set in the Terminate action is Cancelled, so Run history shows that the Condition is Cancelled.

If the logic of the Condition judgment you configured is correct, it is normal to display Cancelled, because most of your Column values may not contains "Complete Pending Decision".

In addition, “When an existing item is modified” is actually “When an item is created or modified”.

For more information on the SharePoint connector, please refer to link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's not correct. It shouldn't Cancel if the value isn't in the list; it should simply return False.

FWIW, I am currently experiencing problems with Conditions that simply try to evaluate whether a boolean variable is True. I'm getting truly random instances of Cancelled, and that is surely not because True isn't a legitimate value for a Boolean variable. Since it suddenly started doing it today and the flow had not been edited, there is something more nefarious afoot!

Highlighted

Did you get this resolved? I have an approval process with a condition "Responses = Approve" and I'm getting consistent cancel outs.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@dfite you need to use Outcome is equal to Approve. Response is the old method that is deprecated.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted

Ahh! I wish that was more clear. I finally got this to evaluate correctly and break the next step in my cycle 😉

Thanks Rob

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

The Approval actions are revised on an ongoing basis. This is why I periodically revisit my Approval flows, to ensure that 1) they're still compatible, and 2) because sometimes the change is so much for the better that it can totally streamline what I already had.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,452)