cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kthomas
Level: Power Up

Flow condition cancelled

I recently built a flow which looks for a modified list item in sharepoint and uses a condition based on an items value.  When I run this flow, maybe 80 percent of the time the run history states that the condition was cancelled. When the flow works, the condition states True.  

What is causing the cancelled state?   Also sometimes the flow will not trigger with the "when an existing item is modified" Any suggestions?

Flow 1.pngFlow 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow condition cancelled

Hi @Kthomas,

First of all, because the conditions set in the Condition are not met, Flow executes the action in the If NO branch.

The value of Status set in the Terminate action is Cancelled, so Run history shows that the Condition is Cancelled.

If the logic of the Condition judgment you configured is correct, it is normal to display Cancelled, because most of your Column values may not contains "Complete Pending Decision".

In addition, “When an existing item is modified” is actually “When an item is created or modified”.

For more information on the SharePoint connector, please refer to link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Kthomas,

First of all, because the conditions set in the Condition are not met, Flow executes the action in the If NO branch.

The value of Status set in the Terminate action is Cancelled, so Run history shows that the Condition is Cancelled.

If the logic of the Condition judgment you configured is correct, it is normal to display Cancelled, because most of your Column values may not contains "Complete Pending Decision".

In addition, “When an existing item is modified” is actually “When an item is created or modified”.

For more information on the SharePoint connector, please refer to link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
mboonie
Level 8

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's not correct. It shouldn't Cancel if the value isn't in the list; it should simply return False.

FWIW, I am currently experiencing problems with Conditions that simply try to evaluate whether a boolean variable is True. I'm getting truly random instances of Cancelled, and that is surely not because True isn't a legitimate value for a Boolean variable. Since it suddenly started doing it today and the flow had not been edited, there is something more nefarious afoot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,805)