cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxTampa1
Frequent Visitor

Flow continuously running

Hi All -

I have a flow running against a CDS entity.

Flow: When a record is updated in CDS Entity update a field.

My flow works but it keeps running continuously on the existing record. (No updates has been done to the record)

Any solutions or ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Max

Flow1.PNGFlow2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MaxTampa1,

Do you update the same record when a record is updated to trigger the flow?

If yes, the flow would continuously run and couldn't stop since the record is update continuously.

So please don't add a "Update a record" action under the trigger "When a record is updated". Or you could add a condition under the trigger to prevent the continuously update.

Best regards,

Alice 

@v-yuazh-msft , Hi Alice?

what condition would work to accomplish "Or you could add a condition under the trigger to prevent the continuously update."

UseCase: I have three fields [ Name Number Last Name] in my data set. the dynamic field is "Last Name". in this record the Last name can be initially blank, contain the last name, last name changes.

In dynamics 365 I could not do a calculated column on multiline text fields so I am trying with flow.

Thanks 

Max

Hi @MaxTampa1,

I need to know what would be updated in the record when a record is updated to trigger the flow.

Please share the full screenshot of the Configuration of your flow, which including the trigger and the "Update a record" action.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,527)