cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaBroman

Flow didn't trigger until three days after trigger event?

Hello,

I have a flow that is set to trigger when a new response is submitted to a microsoft form. We've experienced a strange error and are trying to figure out why this occurred so that we can avoid it happening again in the future.

Basically, our employee filled out the MS form on November 30, but the flow didn't trigger until December 3. I can't find any kind of error or reasoning to explain this and I'm not sure what's going on, but we need this particular flow to be prompt. The requested due date which came in on the form was December 1, which was difficult to meet given that we didn't get the request until the third.

Does anyone know anything about this kind of thing? Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

Here is a screenshot of the form response details and a screenshot of the flow run details I got from power automate.

AndreaBroman_0-1638552194352.png

AndreaBroman_2-1638552232797.png

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

HI @AndreaBroman 

Super stranger. There's a delay in the time the form is submitted, and the time it's triggered in Flow, but that's a lot!

Was it the only one? I'm asking for us to try to understand a pattern here.

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members find the solution faster. On the other hand, if you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

AndreaBroman

The employee who regularly uses this flow said that it had failed once a few months ago - but I don't believe it was exactly the same error as this one. I've only seen this once, and I haven't seen anything googling around to explain it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,798)