cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allie_B
Frequent Visitor

Flow does not generate clickable links for dynamic paths

I cannot get Power Automate Flow to post a message with clickable links in Teams messages when the path is a Dynamic path. I tried all these methods described in this post:

A. <a href = "https://blahblah:"> text of link </a>
B. [text of link](https://blahblah)
C. When editing the message card, click the </> icon to switch to "code view" to get HTML to work as HTML.

D. Add Link in message with expression as destination: concat('<a href="',triggerOutputs()?['body/{Link}'],'">',triggerOutputs()?['body/Title'],'</a>')

The first method works fine if you hard-code in a static path, but I need the path to be dynamic. I want to choose one of the options such as "Item Url" or "Link to item". Is there a way to get messages from Flow to post an HTML formatted, clickable link to Teams? I really need this to make the solution usable. Thanks!

Result of flow: un-clickable linkResult of flow: un-clickable linkFlow Message cardFlow Message card

3 REPLIES 3
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@Allie_B 

I have tested the scenario that you have shared and that is working super fine for me as expected.

Below are the steps that I have followed.

--> Created a flow with manual trigger and added an input action to the flow so that I can specify the URL

--> Added the teams POST MESSAGE action and clicked on the </>(html view) symbol on the body this will open the html editor here you will see some tags by default, remove all of them and then specify the text that you need.

--> I used the <a href='"></a> method to populate the hyperlink and that worked super fine for me.

Snippet of the flow created and teams message 

Gopala_Krishna_0-1610204203634.pngGopala_Krishna_1-1610204242024.png

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

Allie_B
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply, @Gopala_Krishna! I got the message posting with a dynamic path and a clickable link in Teams by using the action Post a message as the Flow bot to a Channel.

@Allie_B can you post your final solution? I am having the same issue creating a dynamic clickable link in a Teams chat message. I tried @Gopala_Krishna solution but all I get is a underlined link not clickable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,544)