cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nailepmac
Frequent Visitor

Flow does not run if excel is open?

Hi,

So I have this flow where I have to list an excel table and convert it to html table. A few minutes ago the flow did not run (I Had the file open). But now I have made another test and the flow also run with the excel file open.

Is there any "danger" to have the file open? Thank you!

flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@nailepmac I dont think there would be any danger, the flow would take the last saved data from the excel, if the excel was open and any data was updated but not saved then the new data which was yet to be saved will not be read by the flow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@nailepmac I dont think there would be any danger, the flow would take the last saved data from the excel, if the excel was open and any data was updated but not saved then the new data which was yet to be saved will not be read by the flow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,031)