cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbhushan1605
Level: Power Up

Flow does not send email notification untill all approvers approves the request

I have created list and prepared FLOW in sharepoint to Raise a risk and approve it from different stakeholders/Groups.

At a particular approval stage, there are multiple stakeholders who approves it and a email tto be triggered when any approver approves it. In flow i added an action to send an email notificatoin when approver approves the request, however when i select 'Response' field from approver, FLOW automatically add 'Apply to each' action for Response field from this approval stage and does not send this email notification untill all approvers approves it.

As said problem is due to 'Apply to each' action FLOW waits to send email, untill all approver approves it, however i need email notifcation to be send when every approver approves it.

Please let me know who to deal with it.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow does not send email notification untill all approvers approves the request

Hi @mbhushan1605,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

If you have choo the "Everyone from the assigned list" in the Approval type column of the "Start an approval" action, the "Start an approval" action wouldn't finish until all the approver have make a response to the request.

So if you would like to the email notication to be sent when each approver have make an response, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you want the email notication to be sent when each approver have make an response,you could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

mbhushan
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow does not send email notification untill all approvers approves the request

Thank you alice for your response

You got my situation correctly. i have approval request where i selected "Everyone from the assigned list" and then based on results i expect an email notification whenever every approver approves or rejects it. as of now it waits untill all Approvers gives there decision and then its very difficult to undrestand who took action and who has not taken any action yet. Same issue is observed when i try to update the list for approver name as it also adds another 'Apply to each' loop automatically.  

mbhushan

All,

I googled a lot till now and observed no solution till now. I just understood that we need to use Sharepoint designer to resolve this issue, which i installed on my PC now. when i try to access my list and flow in sharepoint designer, i observed that my lists are displayed corrected and i am able to use it, however workflows are not visible in sharepoint designer and i cannot access it. Due to this resolveing issue in SPD (Sharepoint designer) also not working as expected. 

chico

on this case, maybe better to not use the "approval" and instead send email with options. 

when each person selects the approve option it can then trgigier your next actions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,361)