cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoldMed

Flow don't know who filling out Forms

Hello!
I have a problem I don't know how to slove.

I built a flow for approving travel request, that starts automatically when a new form in subbmitted (Microsoft Forms). Than it runs some checking (searching for project manager in external excel file), and than it comes to the approval part.

It seem like the flow don't know who filled the form originally. Like, if I used the "get my profile" (of Office365) function, it gets my personal profile. 

Now, The problem start in the "Request By" field. Not only that I'm listed as the Requestor everytime, but the outcome of the Approval is sent to me and now who originally filled out the form.

I have tried to ask the user for email input and put that input in the Requestor field in the Approval, but I found out that if the user don't write his email correctly, the flow would fail (because he cant find who the requestor is in the system). So I'm out to find a different solution. 

I would like the flow to recognize who filling out the forms automatically and use that information for the Approval part (Like from the form itself).

Is there any option?

Or some other else solution? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @GoldMed,

The trigger action should have a Responder's email field (which should contain the email from the person who submitted the form).

You could use that field in a Get User Profile action (v2), Get manager (v2) or even directly in the Approval action.

getuserprofile_respondersemail.PNG

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @GoldMed,

The trigger action should have a Responder's email field (which should contain the email from the person who submitted the form).

You could use that field in a Get User Profile action (v2), Get manager (v2) or even directly in the Approval action.

getuserprofile_respondersemail.PNG

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,092)