cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesMitchell
Frequent Visitor

Flow email with folder path with spaces

Hello,

I am trying to send an email with a link to a folder. There is a space in the folder name so the email link only contains the first part up to the space.

I have tried to replace the space with %20 but this doesn't seem to work with a folder.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks for any advice.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @JamesMitchell 

Got it. You need to use "" and %20 in the href tag. please see the screenshot below" teet.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @JamesMitchell 

Can you share more details on the flow? Are you using sharepoint? If so, you could use th action: create a sharing link and share the link then:dds.PNG

If you are creating the floder within the flow, you could simply use the link to item dynamic attribute. 

If this differs, please share a screenshot of your flow so that we might better identify the issue and assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have a sharepoint task list with a column containing a folder path.

When the status of the task is modified, i would like to send an email with the folder path within it as a link so when a user recives the email they can click on the link.

I am using <a href=file:///FOLDERPATHCOLUMN>FOLDERPATHCOLUMN</a>

The folder name for example is 'c:\this is a test' and the email contains a link as c:\this due to the space.

Any ideas who i can include folder paths with a space?

I am currently sending the email using sharepoint designer flow but I cant change the sent email address from donotreply so am trying to do this in microsoft flow.

Thank you

Hey @JamesMitchell 

Got it. You need to use "" and %20 in the href tag. please see the screenshot below" teet.PNG

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Wow, thank you. That is it. Literally adding " " has solved it.

Working: <a href="file:///FOLDERLOCATION">FOLDERLOCATION</a>

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (20,567)