cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraJS

Flow error -- approvals using fields from MS Forms

I am trying to create an approval flow based on submissions from MS forms.  It requires the person submitting the form to enter the email addresses of two individuals who need to approve a request; there are multiple possible requestors, so the easiest solution seems to be to have them add the email addresses and then set up the approval process to run from the email addresses that are submitted.  Both approvers are required.

THe error message I'm getting says there is a problem with "approval" step of the design.  I can't tell what the issue is and the QRD's are unhelpful.

Any insight

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LauraJS ,

I've made a test and it worked.

vbofengmsft_0-1662961110392.png

Please make sure that the Requestor is one of the users in your org. In addition, you could re-add the action and check if the problem is solved.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LauraJS ,

Could you please show me your flow?

Did you check the run history?

Best Regards,

Bof

LauraJS_0-1662951284788.jpeg

LauraJS_1-1662951303836.jpeg

LauraJS_2-1662951340095.jpeg

LauraJS

Hi --

I'm trying to pull the information from a form.  Basically, someone submits a request and has to enter the email address of the approver.  I want that email address field to be used to route the approval to the right person.  I've been working with the approval templates and trying to follow the options provided.

Thanks for taking a look.

Hi @LauraJS ,

Do you want to set up dynamic approvers based on user-submitted email addresses? If so ,this should be implementable(The approver must be in the same tenant as you), but I don't see a similar setup in your flow. You seem to be using a fixed approver, what are the errors you are currently encountering? Can you provide screenshots?

Best Regards,

Bof

Yes - that's what I'm trying to do. Here's the error message I'm getting:

LauraJS_0-1662954390047.png

Hi @LauraJS ,

I've made a test and it worked.

vbofengmsft_0-1662961110392.png

Please make sure that the Requestor is one of the users in your org. In addition, you could re-add the action and check if the problem is solved.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,136)