cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edilson_Reis
Regular Visitor

Flow error: operation has been throttled

Hello, I am using Power BI Desktop and trying to update PBI data using Power Automate. It was working perfectly for some moments but it started failing after some attempts with the message : Your operation has been throttled !! ..Can somebody help me please?

Edilson_Reis_0-1665500374466.png

2 REPLIES 2
nitishsh91
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Edilson_Reis 

Please check below limitation of powerbi api which is being called in your flow

Limitations

• For Shared capacities, a maximum of eight requests per day, including refreshes executed by using scheduled refresh, can be initiated.
  • For Shared capacities, only notifyOption can be specified in the request body.
  • Enhanced refresh is not supported for shared capacities.
  • For enhanced refresh, notifyOption is not required and must be excluded from the request body. However, one or more parameters other than notifyOption are required.
  • For Premium capacities, the maximum requests per day is only limited by the available resources in the capacity. If available resources are overloaded, refreshes are throttled until the load is reduced. The refresh will fail if throttling exceeds 1 hour.

Is it failing continuously or failed at times? It might be reaching the limit as mentioned above

emadrigal
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Edilson_Reis 

This happens when you exceed the capacity number of actions you are to do. In case your flows are throttled you can try using the Pay-as-you-go to ensure that none of the flows experience this. Also, you can try redesigning your flow to use fewer actions.

Check this for more information:

Requests limits and allocations: Requests limits and allocations - Power Platform | Microsoft Learn

Troubleshooting Slow Running Flows: Troubleshooting Slow Running Flows (microsoft.com)

Limits for automated, scheduled, and instant flows: Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Community Support Team - Edgar Madrigal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,423)