cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amelle2903
Regular Visitor

Flow execution VS API request

Hello everybody,

I am using flow recently, I try to good understand the "call API request" limitation in licence.

For that I test differents flows and analyse the behaviour. One of my flow trigger because the connector is "when a record is updated" with no filter field until here Ok for me. But when I have a look in the execution the "during" is 0 second because the flow made an execution but doesn't find the conditions.

My question is : 

In that case, do you know if there is impact with the call API request ? Or I can consider that if my flow is "during" 0 second there is no impact for the licence ?

I don't know if my question is clear 🙂 If no let me know.

Thanks

Annotation 2020-01-24 082113.png

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Amelle2903 

Can you share more details? I am assuming you are trying to get information about the throttling limits for SP actions API calls. You can check the limits here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#limits 

Each successful run counts towards the api call irrespective of the duration taken for the flow to complete the run. 

If you open the run history and check the flow execution. If the sharepoint action in the flow execution has a green tick mark indicating that the action was successfully run, it counts towards the throttling then. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for your quick answer 🙂

My question is not with SP, sorry I should precise, it is a classic Flow in Dynamics. The flow trigger when a quote is change whatever the field.

In executions of this flow I saw that the during is sometimes of "0scd" (in green below). I wonder if in that case it doesn't consumed the limited call API request (2000/day) or not ?

Annotation 2020-01-24 082113.png

Hey @Amelle2903 

If the flow has triggered, it will count in the API calls. (no matter the execution time. As mentioned in the previous response, for individual connectors limits, you can further go into the flow and check if that particular action was executed)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Yes it help me 🙂 

And so challeng me to find a more precise definition in my connector to make it trigger only if one field change 🙂

Thank you

Hey @Amelle2903 

Yes! You can check the trigger conditions for that and define the use case accordingly in flow. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (76,432)