cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iTerradmin

Flow fails occasionally with 503 - BadGateway

Hey folks,

my hotfolder flow fails occasionally (maybe 40 %) with the error BadGateway at the trigger stage.

When the error occurs the flow is actually not failing, instead the error appears above the "all runs" table saying "There's a problem with the flow's trigger."

When I follow the "Fix the trigger" link it shows "ServiceUnavailable."

2019-12-16 09_58_30-Run History _ Microsoft Power Automate.pngTrigger wirh error message

Most of the time it works fine, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the flow config or authentication, otherwise I would expect it to fail all the time.

My flow simply checks a SharePoint folder for new files ("when file is created in folder"), then creates a copy of that files on different locations (others folders on SharePoint) and deletes the trigger file in the end.

Any ideas how to approach this issue?

Best regards,

Jon

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow fails occasionally with 503 - BadGateway

HI @iTerradmin 

Indeed it's a strange issue. Sometimes the connections can break, but 40% is a lot.

Here are some suggestions to try to clean the issues. I know these are "turn it off and back on again" solutions but let's try something to see if it works:

1. Re-connect in the Data > Connections - Sometimes, connections may act up, and re-setting them could do the trick.
  2. Export and re-import the Flow as New - This will force you to map to new connections and could solve the issue.

Have you tried any of these? I know these are not durable solutions, but if they fix your issue, it's worth a try.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow fails occasionally with 503 - BadGateway

Hey @iTerradmin 

I have seen such issues with flows that are created as templates or as copies. You might want to either export the flow as a package and re-import it or delete the trigger of the flow and add one again. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,379)