cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Flow for Merge Excel files

I created Microsoft Form for collection of Excel files in a specific template from my team members on daily basis. I need to combine all received files in a particular day in a single master Excel file (contains progress of past days) which will be forwarded to my manager.

Table format for template and master file is below.

DateTeam Member NameProgress
6/7/2020Mr. ABC20%

I tried to create flow but couldn't find any action which dynamically reads new received file and copies data to master file. If anyone of you knows any solution or other workaround do let me know please.

3 REPLIES 3
Helper V
Helper V

D3BA465C-2A4C-4FFF-8A49-D71A15DB7939.png

Hello @Worker66 ,

You can perform following steps to merge your daily excel files.

1) create one file in one drive that is your master file 

2) create action to read attachments from email . (You can apply filter conditions for reading specific emails)

3) update one drive file with content you read from previous step.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onedrive/#update-file

Hello @anupam8555 ,

Do you have screen shots of how to do step 1-3.

Thanks,

Hi @mlam ,

Here is what it looks like. You might have tweak that into your needs but basically its upload file to oneDrive , read that file from oneDrive and update content to master file in oneDrive.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

Thanks

Anupam

(Please mark it as resolved or give thumbs up if it helps you)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (78,326)