cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow for Yes/No lookup column problem

Hello folks,

I need help with a problem which is been driving me crazy for the last days. I have been searching for solutions but can´t figure anything out. Therefore I would appreciate any help I could get!  

I have two Sharepoint lists:

1. Calendar (parent)

2. Booking (child)

1. Calendar has columns:

1a. Course Selection [Text] (originally the 'Title' column)

1b. Enrolment Mail [Yes/No]

1c. Course ID [ID]

2. Booking has columns:

2a. Course Selection [Lookup] (from Calendar)

2b. Enrolment Mail [Yes/No] (unfortunately lookup doesn´t work on Yes/No)

2c. Course ID [Lookup of 'Course Selection']

When an item in Calender - 1 is changed the Yes/No column needs to be updated in Booking - 2. Nothing more.

I have tried stuff like "get items", variables, compose...you name it but I can´t work out a solution that actually works completely.

The "Apply to each" keeps confusing me too.

Do I need to use a variable?

Do I need to use a condition?

I would be really greatful if somebody could help me with the right details!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow for Yes/No lookup column problem

@scanikpanic are you sure the column for the Yes and No answers really needs to be a Yes/No type column? If I am doing the same thing and using a flow to update a column where the answers are Yes or No I just use a Single line of text column.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@scanikpanic are you sure the column for the Yes and No answers really needs to be a Yes/No type column? If I am doing the same thing and using a flow to update a column where the answers are Yes or No I just use a Single line of text column.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RobElliott ,

thx for the reply!

I actually thought of that as well. My thought was that it would be better for the user to have a checkbox instead of text field. 

This "Yes/No column" will trigger other flows so the data entered must be distinct. That was the reason for choosing that kind of column. My colleagues tend to be a bit careless when it comes to fill out forms... 

I could also to a choice field if it makes things easier?!  If it´s not possible I will do the text field of course.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (5,529)