When I run my flow it takes 2 mins to complete successfully, but then I run it again a few moments later it seems to freeze at the apply to each loop and take up to 12 hours. Yet, if I wait a day to run it, then it works fine. They only problem is that I want this to run every hour to notify sales that they need there approvals done. I'm using these Dynamics 365 Premium modules.
Here is what it looks like when it freezes.
Here is a picture of my flow.
TL:DR The first time a flow runs it's quick but the second time it takes a long time.
EDIT: After some tinkering I figured out it was my email module that was causing it to hold up removing it made the flow run successfully. They only problem now is how do I send emails from an apply to each loop.
Hi there. So, first thing: Have you considered using the CDS connector vs. the D365 one? That might help.
Next, since D365 can do emails on its own, but is just missing the schedule bit, you could use a workflow that every hour would 1. Look for all of the opportunity records that would update a custom field (maybe "Reminders sent") and then D365 could have a workflow triggered off of when that field was updated. That way, D365 is doing the heavy lifting of getting all of the opp. info internally.
Check either of those and keep us posted.
If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.
Hi @Tanuki ,
As @edgonzales suggested, please consider using the Common Data Service connector to configure a similar Flow.
In addition, you can set Apply to each as shown below, which can shorten the time required to execute Apply to each.
So I changed the levels of parallelism to 50 and ran it a few times. Just for reference that red line is when I made the change. As you can see I still run into the issue where it will take 16+ hours. The weird thing is I just canceled that flow and ran it again and it worked. I'm going to make a new flow and instead of using the Dynamics 365 Module I'll use the Common Data Service Module.
Also I've ran it a few times after 10:37 A.M and just like before they all get stuck on apply to each. I had one run even for an hour, before having to cancel it.
I found that taking the email box off my Flow makes it work. Now the problem arises that I need to figure out why the email block was causing the problem, and how I can get some way to email via flow.
I don't know if it's related to my (and some other people's) problem. I just found out about PAD a week ago. I used it for a few days and then it stopped working properly. I later discovered that certain steps were taking minutes to complete per each step. This is an unacceptable bug. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it worked good for 1 day. But today, same darn 2+ minute delays in certain steps. One user suggested I reinstall Edge as that helped someone. I may just uninstall Edge as I never really use it. Either way, MS needs to fix it. This bug makes the program worthless to me.
Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Check out how to claim yours today!