Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joanna
Level: Powered On

Flow from PowerApp Failing on Send Email from a Shared Mailbox

Hi,

I am getting a 404 error on the Send Email from a Shared Mailbox when users who are not members of a Shared Mailbox submit the PowerApp that generates a Flow.  I have read that you cannot add a Run Only to the Flow if it is a PowerApp Flow.  Can anyone advise as to what I can do?  Will it work if I add the users who are using the PowerApps to the Shared Mailbox as members?

Thank you,

Joanna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow from PowerApp Failing on Send Email from a Shared Mailbox

Hi @Joanna,

Flow that is not triggered by a PowerApps button will use the flow creator’s account info even though it has been shared with team members.

However, about flow that is triggered by a PowerApps button, when you share an app that includes a flow, users who run the app will be prompted to confirm or update any connections on which the flow relies. So it will use the account info of user who is running the app.

If a user doesn’t have access to the shared mailbox, flow will return an error code 404.

Reference material:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Joanna,

Could you please check if the user has “Full access” permission to the Shared mailbox?

To test this issue, I started a flow likes below then added it to PowerApps, shared the app with group user with User permission.

1.PNG

When testing the flow, I found that before I gave the user Full access to the shared mailbox, an error 404 would be returned.

However, after I gave Full access permission to the user, it ran successfully.

Please check the permission on your side and make sure it synced well.

The following doc could be your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/collaboration-exo/shared-mailboxes#which-permissions-shoul...

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Joanna

Hi Mabel,

Thank you for your reply.  I added the two powerapp users to the Shared Mailbox as members and that seemed to work.

Here is what I am having trouble comprehending:

If I write a Flow using Send from a Shared Mailbox, only the writer of the Flow needs to be an owner of the shared mailbox.

However, if I write a Flow with a  PowerApp Trigger, the entire Flow runs until it encounters Send an Email from a Shared Mailbox.  Then, if the person who ran the PowerApp is not a member of the Shared Mailbox, the error will happen.

What is causing this difference?

It will be very difficult to add all users who might use the PowerApp to the Shared Mailbox.

Thank you for your help.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Joanna,

Flow that is not triggered by a PowerApps button will use the flow creator’s account info even though it has been shared with team members.

However, about flow that is triggered by a PowerApps button, when you share an app that includes a flow, users who run the app will be prompted to confirm or update any connections on which the flow relies. So it will use the account info of user who is running the app.

If a user doesn’t have access to the shared mailbox, flow will return an error code 404.

Reference material:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Joanna

Mabel.

Thank you so much for your research and response!

I will click on Accept this as the solution.

Joanna

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,902)