Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giangnguyen
Helper I
Helper I

Flow getting checklist Planner

Dear All,

I use the planner after the task is completed and will send email description,checklist, comments of planner. How to flow get the checklist. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shtryler
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I managed to create a flow that loops through all existing checklist items in a task. Maybe this could be useful for what you are trying to do. I wrote a detailled description in this comment: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Getting-Planner-Checklists-in-flow/m-p/718055#M98...

Best wishes

Hans

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

The Microsoft Planner connector does not currently have support for Planner Checklists. 

If this is functionality you would like to see added to Flow or a Flow Template, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

There are a couple of existing ideas that may be worth voting on, including Trigger for Planner checklist items and Planner - Get more task details

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giangnguyen ,

You could use Get task details action to get the check list.

Please try the following configuration.

Expression reference:

body('Get_task_details')['checklist']

37.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-bacao-msft 

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @giangnguyen ,

You could use Get task details action to get the check list.

Please try the following configuration.

Expression reference:

body('Get_task_details')['checklist']

37.PNG

Best Regards,

I tried to get checklist title but I only get this {"22077":{"@odata.type":"#microsoft.graph.plannerChecklistItem","isChecked":true,"title":"test","orderHint":"8586408495082812292Pn","lastModifiedDateTime":"2019-06-17T07:43:58.2709722Z","lastModifiedBy":{"user":{"displayName":null,"id":"c1d48c12-204c-47a0-9913-44bc9d6a9962"}}}}

Please view my flow for detail

postchecklistPNG.PNG

Hi @giangnguyen ,

In fact, this is the expected result. The checklist returned by the Planner Task API does not seem to exist as an array. The item is returned as multiple Objects, so the property value cannot be directly referenced.

I originally wanted to parse the response using Parse JSON, but there seems to be no suitable schema to use.

Maybe I need more time to do research.

If there is only one item in the checklist, you may refer to the following method:

Schema:

{
    "type": "object",
    "properties": {
        "19739": {
                "@@odata.type": {
                    "type": "string"
                },
                "isChecked": {
                    "type": "boolean"
                },
                "title": {
                },
                "orderHint": {
                },
                "lastModifiedDateTime": {
                },
                "lastModifiedBy": {
                        "user": {
                                "displayName": {},
                                "id": {
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

43.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-bacao-msft 

Do you get a comment plan?

I need checklist or comments for when task done. Thanks you

Hi @giangnguyen ,

Unfortunately, currently unable to get Comments through Flow, I checked the Planner REST API, it seems that the task details does not include comments.

Please check follow link and get more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/planner-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0

Best Regards,

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @giangnguyen ,

Unfortunately, currently unable to get Comments through Flow, I checked the Planner REST API, it seems that the task details does not include comments.

Please check follow link and get more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/planner-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0

Best Regards,

I'm assuming that anything going in the opposite direction for this would require the 'Premium connector' HTTP Request ... would that be right, @v-bacao-msft ? Or is there some magic way to leverage your pull into a push?

This is a good question that I'd also like to know the answer to. Unchecking all of the checklist items for multiple tasks would be very useful functionality, especially considering we can automate with Flows the reopening and re-setting the due dates of recurring tasks.

shtryler
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I managed to create a flow that loops through all existing checklist items in a task. Maybe this could be useful for what you are trying to do. I wrote a detailled description in this comment: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Getting-Planner-Checklists-in-flow/m-p/718055#M98...

Best wishes

Hans

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,386)