cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Flow > Send Email > dynamic content from Sharepoint list, line breaks not being perpetuated

When I use a Flow with a Send an Email from a Shared Mailbox operation, using (for the email body) as dynamic content a value from a Sharepoint list column (multi line, rich text).......The line breaks from the value on the Sharepoint record aren't being perpetuated to the Flow email body.

How can I make this work?  I'm really hoping there is something I've just missed that I can incorporate that does not involve advanced knowledge of things like javascript, html, css etc....

3 REPLIES 3
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@isaac1 

I made a test from my side and that is working fine as expected for me, the only change to keep in mind is that when selecting the dynamic content of the multi line text column first ensure to clear the content from the email body.

After you add the Send email action in power automate click on the code icon on the right hand side in the body and then clear off the content present there

Gopala_Krishna_0-1617507268200.png

After this select the multi line text column from the dynamic content and you would get the text right as expected.

Your suggestion has worked!  I clicked the </> code icon, and there was just a bit of code in there, something like <p> </p

which I cleared out. 

After I cleared that out, and then added the dynamic content (multi line column from sharepoint list record), the Flow respected the line breaks. 

Thank you!

isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

I spoke too hastily.  This was not the solution.  It only worked the first time.  Every time thereafter, if I go back into my Flow edit, I can see that the Editor has automatically replaced my dynamic content EmailBody, with body/EmailBody, and the original code tags <p> </p> are back there once again.

No matter what I do, the Flow makes the email body just run everything together in one line, even though the multi line rich text sharepoint column contains line breaks.

Does anyone have more ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,257)