cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow history was cleared automatically

Hello Community,

i got a mass problem... I have set up a flow with an approval progress and after 30 days no response by the approver the flow ends. In that case i have to rerun the flow manually... no problem for me at this time, but it would be great if it was possible to set this up to 60 or 90 days.. but my current problem is, that the flow history was cleared up automatically and randomely from my point of view. 
So i dont have the posibillity to rerun the failed flows and all requests are gone ...

Is this a known feature by microsoft or is this a bug?
Can i restore the runs or set this clearing function off?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Flow history was cleared automatically

I have noticed this to be too agressive myself.

I got a email saying a flow had failed, yet the flow run was not there!.

I am not sure if FlowStudio can assist with keeping track of this i will tweet to John to see if he can help

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi there!

Here's a great post on working around the 30 day approval window: https://www.o365dude.com/2018/06/02/timeout-flow-approvals/#targetText=First%2C%20you%20have%20to%20...

Essentially you need to configure an action that runs after your approval times out.  You can store information about the approval in a list, and then run an additional approval after that action.  Your approval would then wait for an additional 30 days, and your run information is stored indefinitely in SharePoint.

5.png

Take care!

Ashley

If this response provided an answer to your question please mark it as a solution so that others can find it.

If you liked my reply, please give it a thumbs up! Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi the timeout is not my problem, my problem is that i need an overview of my flow history...
why did microsoft cleared this...
without notification and so on...

All my colleges have to fill in a new request via forms to get this progress run again... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (10,245)