cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tate
Regular Visitor

Flow intermittently does not trigger when new email delivered

I created a flow triggered by an email coming into a mailbox with certain words in the subject that moves the email attachment to a Dropbox folder. The flow is very simple and has no errors. It's just that trigger and that one action. It is set up on a service account that has a full Office 365 license.

The problem is that the flow sometimes just doesn't trigger even when it should.  There are never any errors. It just doesn't start. 

For instance, on April 14, 2021 even though I could see an email in the inbox that should have triggered the flow, there was no action. Without opening or editing the flow I simply forwarded back the exact same email to the same account and the flow was triggered and ran successfully. 

I reviewed the run log for the flow again today (April 22) and could see it was appropriately triggered on April 15 and 16, failed to trigger when it should have April 17, was triggered on April 18 and 19, failed to trigger on April 20, was triggered on April 21, and failed to trigger on April 22. Again, I simply forwarded the April 22 email back to the inbox without modifying the flow while logged into the service account and watched the flow trigger and run successfully without any issue.

What is happening here? Why is this flow failing to be triggered when there is nothing wrong with the flow and the trigger is present? This would be crazy, but do I have to be logged in to have this run? Do I need to take all my flows off of the service account and add them to my personal account? I'm befuddled.  

Any ideas???

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,088)