cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow is returning false result on an and condition even though the fields are true

@and (equals(triggerBody()?['CAB_x0020_Decision'], 'No Vote'),equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['Value'], 'Ready for CAB'))

When my field CAB decision has a value of No Vote and my Status has a value of Ready for CAB it still returns a false on this condition. 

Can someone point out if I have done this wrong? 

Thanks, 

Nathan

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @njhonea,

What's the purpose of the flow? Also, is this a SharePoint list? If so, can you please post the list columns and screenshots of your flow steps so I can re-create it on my end and test?

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

@njhonea

What type of column is the "Cab Decision"? Is it a choice or a single line of text? I just ask because I created that column as Choice.

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @njhonea,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?
Further, could you please show a bit more about the data type of CAB Decision column and Status column?

I have created a CAB Decision column and Status column which are both Choice type in my SharePoint list. I have made a test on my side and the flow works well, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add “When an item is created” trigger of SharePoint, specify Site Address and list name.
  • Add a Condition, click “Edit in advance mode”, type the following formula:
@and(equals(triggerBody()?['CAB_x0020_Decision']?['Value'], 'No Vote'),equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['Value'], 'Ready for CAB'))
  • Within “If/yes” branch, add “Start an approval” action.
  • Add “Update item” action.

Image reference:4.JPG

5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @njhonea,

What's the purpose of the flow? Also, is this a SharePoint list? If so, can you please post the list columns and screenshots of your flow steps so I can re-create it on my end and test?

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

The purpose is an approval flow that runs off of those fields being present in a sharepoint list. The flow then updates fields on a sharepoint list. Everything else works except that and statement that I posted so something must be wrong with that. When I put in a single basic condition it works. 

@njhonea

What type of column is the "Cab Decision"? Is it a choice or a single line of text? I just ask because I created that column as Choice.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @njhonea,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?
Further, could you please show a bit more about the data type of CAB Decision column and Status column?

I have created a CAB Decision column and Status column which are both Choice type in my SharePoint list. I have made a test on my side and the flow works well, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add “When an item is created” trigger of SharePoint, specify Site Address and list name.
  • Add a Condition, click “Edit in advance mode”, type the following formula:
@and(equals(triggerBody()?['CAB_x0020_Decision']?['Value'], 'No Vote'),equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['Value'], 'Ready for CAB'))
  • Within “If/yes” branch, add “Start an approval” action.
  • Add “Update item” action.

Image reference:4.JPG

5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (11,003)