cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captkirk1991

Flow is sending email for every list item. How to only send for newest list item added ?

Hello. so I have created a flow to track offboarding, the problem I am having is when a new item is created on the list, it will send multiple emails for every list item. So if there is 6 list items I will get 6 emails for each person. This is creating a ton of spam. I just want a email with the newest entry instead of getting a email for each person on the entire list that has already been added. How can I make this work ?

Captkirk1991_0-1627996053525.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Captkirk1991,

1. If your flow trigger is when new item is create in List : Please use the trigger value in the Send an email (V2) so Apply each will be removed and only one email will be triggered. 

2. If your flow trigger is when item created or modified: Filter the value from the list based on any flag (eg: Created Today) and after that put the value in Apply each. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Nogueira1306
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

It will create 6 emails because you have the send email in the for each

Make sure that the email you use in "send email" is the createdByWho in the trigger and not the GetItems

PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Captkirk1991,

1. If your flow trigger is when new item is create in List : Please use the trigger value in the Send an email (V2) so Apply each will be removed and only one email will be triggered. 

2. If your flow trigger is when item created or modified: Filter the value from the list based on any flag (eg: Created Today) and after that put the value in Apply each. 

View solution in original post

not sure I am understanding. I tried doing what you mentioned but flow now returns a error.

@Captkirk1991 

Could you please share the error screenshot to get into this issue deeper ? 

Now its all messed up 😞

Captkirk1991_0-1628007148447.png

It is in a for each again....

You need to use the email of when an item is created

You are using the email of Get Items

Hi @Captkirk1991

Don't worry we can fix it. 

Please share flow trigger action. This will help to decide on the apply each condition. 

Thanks ! I figured out what the problem was. Simple mistake lol thanks for the help ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (962)