cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leemex
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flow is starting multiple times?

I have a flow which is supposed to start whenever there is a new or modified item in a list. For some reason, the flow sometimes runs two, three or even four times. The flow is creating new users in our O365 tenant. Whenever a user already exists, the flow should only update and not create the user (e.g. location of the user has changed). When flows are starting multiple times the condition whether its a new or existing user can't be triggered as they're running simultaneously, causing multiple account creation.

You can see there is nothing special about when the flow is supposed to start.

multiple-instance-flow.jpg

but a lot of instances:

multiple-runs.jpg

Anyone experienced this issue before?

28 REPLIES 28
Weam1995

Also Facing the same issue 😞

Hello Team,

Can you provide some additional details as to what are you currently implementing in the flow ?

IsmaelRamirez

I am getting the same issue with "When an email is flagged" as trigger. Any ideas of a resolution? This topic started on 2018. 

FelixVerduin
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue but with the 'When a new event is created (V3) trigger'. I have multiple other flows that do the same proces but with another outlook agenda. They don't face this issue. Very peculiar.

Same

rolivier
Helper I
Helper I

Also having this problem.  

barlowse
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am also having this same issue....a nightmare.

I was able to resolve by filtering the trigger to only 1 column.  

MegaM00GLE
Regular Visitor

I am getting this behavior when using "when file is created" trigger. Today I had two files created in a folder which each triggered the flow 3 times. 

I want to avoid adding a concurrency control as this automation should be processing invoices as they come in, and with approvals and other tasks, enabling concurrency control is going to create a bottle neck.

Why would a flow be triggered multiple times if a file is only created once? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,358)