cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ali1
Level: Powered On

Flow is triggering fine and updates event, but it still gives a Timezone error

Hi everyone, 

First post and new to Flow (or Power Automate now). I have a Form that my users fill out to attend a meeting at a fixed date and time. The flow extracts a few key questions and based on the response, different actions happen. The current issue here is that everything seems to be working fine but when I see my logs I see a failure state (see below)

iam-flow-timezon-error.png

As stated in the subject the flow seems to work just fine - in fact, I thought using the 'Update Event (v4)' function would only update for me but it seems to send an email/invite to the other person too which is great. I tried various formats using the ISO 8601 wikipage as a reference, yet the error message still persists (and seems to work fine).  My current flow is below :

currentprocess-iam.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow is triggering fine and updates event, but it still gives a Timezone error

Hi @Ali1 ,

Do you mean that the value entered in the Convert time zone action is not output from Form response?

Is this time a fixed time every day? If so, you may refer to the following method to configure the Convert time zone action.

Expression reference:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-ddT09:00:00Z')

Image reference:

118.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow is triggering fine and updates event, but it still gives a Timezone error

Hi @Ali1 ,

Could you provide details of the form's questions?

It seems that the answer entered by the user does not match the date format required by the Convert time zone.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ali1
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Sorry I thought I'd posted this before but:

The forms questions that is supposed to trigger the update event are two "Yes/no" questions. If both answers are Yes then the Update Event is triggered. There are no time related questions in the form.  

Highlighted
AKRogers
Level 8

What is the input for the convert action in the first screenshot when you get that error message? It says “0900” isn’t valid, which makes sense since the action expects something like ‘dd-MM-yyyy’. Your current flow screenshot doesn’t have a convert action; did you decide to remove it entirely?
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Ali1 ,

Do you mean that the value entered in the Convert time zone action is not output from Form response?

Is this time a fixed time every day? If so, you may refer to the following method to configure the Convert time zone action.

Expression reference:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-ddT09:00:00Z')

Image reference:

118.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,582)