cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow license required for Custom response option in Approval

Hello @Karan_MSFT ,

Thank you implementing the custom response options in approval functionality. It definitely adds a lot of value and has helped us to achieve a functionality which was previously implemented using 'send email with options'. I do have a query regarding this though. If possible could you please share more information around the licensing for this. We have a flow free license in our tenant but are still able to add this action into an existing flow even though it says 'premium' in the brackets. Is this the expected behaviour moving on or do we need to acquire a plan 1 or plan 2 license for this? If so, do we need license for all users or just for the user who authors/creates the flow?(username used for connections)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/october18/microsoft-flow/custom...

Thanks in advance,

Sunitha

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow license required for Custom response option in Approval

Hi @sunithakm19 ,

More details about Flow Plans, please check the doc on Pricing:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

From the doc we know that Premium connectors are not available for both Flow Free and Flow for Office 365 and Flow for Dynamics 365.

However, Approval is a standard connector for Flow. Besides, as far as I know, new releases features will be a “Premium feature”, so these features are available for you even though you are using Flow Free plan.

Hope this makes sense.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-yamao-msft ,

Thank you for your response.

That sounds great. It's really confusing that MS has used the same term for something that's part of a free plan.  As I understand it correctly, do you mean moving on any new feature/action released in flow will be termed as a “Premium feature” regardless of whether its part of free or paid plan?

Thanks,

Sunitha

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sunithakm19 ,

Yes, it could be applied to most features.

However, whenever you have unsure points on this issue, you could reach to us, we then will help confirm it for you.

By the way, there is a blog could be helpful for understanding:

https://jussiroine.com/2019/01/the-comprehensive-licensing-guide-to-microsoft-flow-and-powerapps/

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi guys

I am trying to find same answer. Do you tell that i can use approval with custom responses and not to be afraid that i will have to buy p1 license?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,107)