Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Eduardo_Jover
Level: Powered On

Flow licensing scenario

Hi all.
We have an Office 365 E3 environment with 200 users, and we want to start using Flow, but we need P2 plan functionality (premium connectors, business process, ...).
Is it necessary to contract Flow P2 for the 200 users, or only for those who must design or manage the flows?
We have several administrators of Flow, and the rest of the users (200) can use the flows (approvals, emails, etc).
Can we combine different Flow plans for different users?
In that case, we would hire Plan P2 for Flow administrators, and the rest of users would use the Plan included in Office 365 E3.

Is this possible?
What is the correct way to license this model?

Thx!

Eduardo.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow licensing scenario

Hi @Eduardo_Jover

You can definitely combine Flow plans for different users like you said: Flow P2 for Flow admins and the rest of the users can stay on the Flow Plan included in the O365 E3 license. Now, if you are planning on implementing BPF (Business Process Flows), then all the users will require Flow P2 licenses. I hope this answers your question, but if you need additional information or have any more questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @Eduardo_Jover

You want to use BPF when a process needs user interaction to obtain the desired outcome. As for the P2 license, any user that will somehow interact or be affected by the BPF needs a P2 license. The link below contains additional information about BPF. And as always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/business-process-flows-overview

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eduardo_Jover

You can definitely combine Flow plans for different users like you said: Flow P2 for Flow admins and the rest of the users can stay on the Flow Plan included in the O365 E3 license. Now, if you are planning on implementing BPF (Business Process Flows), then all the users will require Flow P2 licenses. I hope this answers your question, but if you need additional information or have any more questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Eduardo_Jover
Level: Powered On

Hi @faustocapellanj

Thanks for the answer... simply clear and helpful.

Please, only a question more (because of my ignorance)... 

What does it mean to use BPF? When is BPF considered?

and, If I implement a BPF, all users (whether they use it or not) must have a P2 license?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Eduardo_Jover

You want to use BPF when a process needs user interaction to obtain the desired outcome. As for the P2 license, any user that will somehow interact or be affected by the BPF needs a P2 license. The link below contains additional information about BPF. And as always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/business-process-flows-overview

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,812)