cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieF4T
Frequent Visitor

Flow not able to add any kind of location data to spreadsheet. ( Unable to process template language expressions in action)

Hi,

I have a number of flows that record City and Postcode into a spreadsheet using an Instant Flow.  These have all be working fine now for weeks without any issues.

About 2 days ago they all stopped working and give the following error:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Add_a_row_into_a_table' inputs at line '1' and column '2258': 'The template language expression 'triggerBody()['location']['address']['city']' cannot be evaluated because property 'address' doesn't exist, available properties are 'coordinates'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I have no idea why this has suddenly broken across all types of device.  The function it is looking to add is a full MS function for Instant Flow - City.  (It doesn't work with any of the Postcode, State, Street, Full Address options).

Is this something that MS have broken? Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Microsoft have now fixed the problem and its all working again 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @JamieF4T 

Difficult to analyse without seeing your flow. This might be related to license according to this.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61519858/microsoft-flow-the-template-language-expression-cannot-...

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @JamieF4T 

If it doesn't related to license then please have a look at this post.

https://support.encodian.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360006399277-Fix-the-InvalidTemplate-Unable-to-proces...

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
JamieF4T
Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much for the suggestions but it doesn't appear to be either of those.

I created a test flow as a very simple example:

JamieF4T_0-1596007618337.png

When run, it creates the following error:

JamieF4T_1-1596007738677.png

Its very weird as it was working perfectly and has been for a couple of months!

I should add that it can add all other types of data I can find to the table without issues, its just the location based stuff although it will write Longitude and Latitude!!

Hi @JamieF4T 

Are you running your flow from a smart phone?

Please have a look at this documentation

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/introduction-to-button-trigger-tokens

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
JamieF4T
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Had a support call with Microsoft late yesterday afternoon where they found that it didn't work on their systems either.  Things went very quiet very quickly and the support guy got off the phone to escalate the issue in MS.

Looks like they broke something!

Will let you know what they come back with.

Hi @JamieF4T 

I did tried from my desktop and mobile. Same error. Looks like its broken. Thanks for the update.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
JamieF4T
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

No problems, it looks like its quite a big issue, MS called back to say its now gone back to developers to look at and they hope to have something for early next week.

Its interesting that it wasn't picked up as its broken quite a few of their own templates.

Microsoft have now fixed the problem and its all working again 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,218)