cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmel5
Frequent Visitor

Flow not running when computer is off

is there a version of flow that runs without my computer having to be on? does that have to do with the gateway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmel5,

There is no version of flow that runs without my computer having to be on currently.

Whether Flow will run depends on the configuration of the trigger and will run when the trigger condition is met. Or you could manually turn Flow on or off.

You could consider using Button as a manual trigger, or set Recurrence to set the period to trigger Flow.

Also you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmel5,

There is no version of flow that runs without my computer having to be on currently.

Whether Flow will run depends on the configuration of the trigger and will run when the trigger condition is met. Or you could manually turn Flow on or off.

You could consider using Button as a manual trigger, or set Recurrence to set the period to trigger Flow.

Also you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @pmel5!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum or found an existing idea to upvote, then you need to post the URL to the idea’s thread as a reply to this thread. Then click "Accept as Solution" on the reply if you approve it as a solution to your issue so that other users may vote for the Flow Idea and identify the information easily within this thread.

Thank You for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

stevekim1357

It happened to me too, when I had FLOW create a file in my one drive business.

My workaround was to have a recurrence set for creating the file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,784)