cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VSneoreJ
Regular Visitor

Flow not starting after creating item in sharepoint list

I have a flow that post an adaptive card in a teams channel, when a Sharepoint news item is created in a list. 

When i created and tested it, it worked fine. So the flow is correct I guess.

But now, when an item is created, there's never an adaptive card posted, or an failure in my run history of that flow. So he isn't triggering at all. While he triggered at the moment I created the flow.

The problem is with multiple flows, but they're all created and tested with succes. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

J

7 REPLIES 7
KimP
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @VSneoreJ

Are you able to post a screenshot of your flow? Specifically the Trigger section.

If you go back and manually Test your flow e.g. Edit/Test does it throw any errors or warnings?

KimP_0-1651000130938.png

Hi KimP,

This is a screenshot of the trigger:

VSneoreJ_0-1651051091915.png

When i test manually, the circle keeps turning, no result.

When i try it with the recently used trigger, it is working

VSneoreJ_1-1651051500843.png

So when you trigger the 'Manual' test option, and then go and create a new row in the list, nothing happens?

Is the recently used trigger you selected the one that worked when creating the flow?

VSneoreJ
Regular Visitor

Hi @KimP,

Yes. Nothing happens with the manual test option. 

No. The recently used trigger isn't the one for my test when creating the flow. As you can see in picture below, it was not a test, but the one yesterday was. 

VSneoreJ_0-1651148127250.png

KimP
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @VSneoreJ

Sorry, I'm a little confused, so just to be 100% clear, so I don't make assumptions, when you did the manual test, the steps looked something like...

• Edit Flow
  • Click Test
  • Choose Manually
  • Go to the SharePoint list 
  • Create a new item
  • Go back to Flow and wait...
  • Nothing happens?

If the above is true, maybe try selecting the list again in the drop down for the trigger and save. Or even, select a different list, save and then change it back and retest. 

Hi @KimP ,

Yes, those are the steps i did. The loading circle keeps turning. 

But with recent used trigger it's working fine. 

I tried to re-add the list.

I can't select the list in drop-down menu, but have to add a custom value. (i've read on another topic that this isn't an issue?) 

Did the test again, but it stay on this screen: 

VSneoreJ_0-1651483888395.png

After a while i get this: 

VSneoreJ_1-1651483997391.png

I have access to the list with this account.

Kind regards,

Jeroen  

It seems odd to me that you can't add the list from the drop down.

I've not come across this issue, maybe this is part of the problem of it not triggering, I'm not really sure.

Do you have links to the topic that mentions it isn't a problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,944)