cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolynoverbeck
Level: Powered On

Flow not working

I am relatively new to sharepoint and just began working with flow. With that being said, I created a flow that added a calendar event to a shared sharepoint calendar everytime a new item was created in a list. After multple attempts, the calendar events are not being created but the status of the flow is "succeeded" for each new item I created. Can anyone help solve the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow not working

Hi @carolynoverbeck, to help identify the probem it would be very useful if you could post a screenshot of the flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos

carolynoverbeck

Flow Screenshot.png

Super User
Super User

It looks to me that you are using the same SharePoint column, Date and Time, for both the start and end date/time for your event so nothing will get created. So you need to make sure that you have the start and end date/time in different columns.

In my example in the images below I have added an event to the SharePoint list. It's slightly different to yours in that instead of an end time I have specified the duration of the event in minutes. Using a series of Compose controls in the flow we calculate the end time and add that, the start time and the title of the event into the calendar.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

fullFlow.png

Highlighted
carolynoverbeck

Thanks Rob!

Can you please adivse how I can create a flow to add the event to my sharepoint shared calendar (list)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 187 members 2,134 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: