cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenOptum

Flow overrides 'Modified By' and 'Modified' columns - how can we stop this? (A PowerApp Form is involved)

Background: 

Our department handles Billing for our company. We sometimes get update requests from customers for issues such as updating a contact name or an e-mail address. When these requests come in, they are entered via the sales team contact using a PowerApp form with certain fields so we know what contract it belongs to, what line of business, etc. A biller then goes in and reads the request, makes the change, and then changes the status (a field drop down) to complete. 

Our flow runs depending on the status change, we have other ones such as 'Need More Information'. Our flow updated fields such as 'Time to Complete'

Problem:

Because the flow is connected to my SharePoint connection, and updates fields on its own, it puts my name as the last 'modified by'.

What I need:  

I want to know the last person who made a change on the form. I have tried creating a single line text column called "last modified by" following a video that talked about using a patch function on the 'On Success' function of the form, but could not get it to update the field. 

Any help would be great! Please let me know if I need to further clarify.

1 REPLY 1
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @BenOptum 

Could you share a screenshot of your flow

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (99,236)