Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow "Follow up on i email i sent" inquiry

Hello team,

i have the following inquiry, i'll appreciate any help you can give me

I created a flow that follow up on emails sent based on a template of microsoft flows

Below is the image of the flow for your review

Capture212.JPG

My  first question is are the all fields inclusive when filled? 

It happens that the original templage suggets to track the subject id of the trigger and the importance of the email set to be "high· importance",  but i found in our business we used too much the high importance email, so i did not wanted the automation to follow up each of my emails with that characteristic 

So i changed the subject id of the trigger action for the word "IMPORTANT", so the flow would only follow up to my emails with the high importance and the previous word inside the subject

However, i noticed that it does not work as if i send many emails to different customers, the first to respond would stop all flows for others, the reason is because the word "IMPORTANT" was in alll of the responses subjects of the customers.

My doubt is, if i fill the field "FROM" and select the receipient of my original email and keep the subject "IMPORTANT" and the importane high, would these solve my issue? or is imperative to track the email received by the subject of the trigger?

Is there a way to track the response to the emails i sent if i want to add a special word within the subjet and keep the importance high? (as i mentioned we don't want to follow emails only by importance)

Sorry for my english, i'm new in the community and to flow

Kind Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow "Follow up on i email i sent" inquiry

Hi @mdiaz21 ,

Your current concern is that the filter you set in the trigger has priority?

As far as I know, the relationship between these filters is similar to the "and" you set in Condition. The flow will be triggered only when the specified conditions are met.

So you only need to configure the filter conditions you need in the trigger.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-bacao-msft, thank you

i do understand now they function as "and" however i changed the "triggerbody subject" in the function "When a new emails arrivesl" for one word "Important" so no matter who answers me the flow is stopped when i receive any email with that word in the subject but i want to stop only when i receive a response from the receipt of my original email.

I did the change cause my coworkers wanted to have that specific word in it , if i add the in the field "To" the trigger body to  or te receipt of the original email, that would solve the issue? 

Or there is another way to track the email i sent using an specific word on the subject?

Kind Regards,

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mdiaz21 ,

In fact, it is not recommended to set two triggers in the same Flow. It is more reasonable to configure one trigger for one Flow.

If you want to track whether there is a reply to your email, maybe you can try the following methods to achieve your needs.

Use the Get emails action to filter out the emails received in the inbox, and configure multiple filters to get a qualified reply. For example, configure From, Search Query.

Then execute the expected action. Here we need to repeat this process through a loop.

Because we can't know when we can receive the reply email, we need to continuously execute the Get emails action. The interval can be defined by yourself. It can be cycled up to 60 times, which means how the interval is 2 hours, then the process will continue for a week.

Don't know if this meets your needs, please try it.

Image reference:

101.PNG102.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-bacao-msft 

Thank you, i have two questions

in the search query "subject" is there a way to filter an specific word in additional to the subject? 

If i understood you right, the original fucntion "when an email is received" can only be used with high importance and the search query subject but no additional word as it would mean another trigger to the flow

Because when i had only the high importance trigger, any email i sent with high importance was followed up, however i wanted to add a special word in the subject that he would filter and follow ,  so other emails sent with high importance but without the specific word inside the subject, i wouldn't trigger the flow

Kind Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,623)