Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvd_nzi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow randomly fails due to unauthorized access

Hello everyone,

seems this issue is not off the table yet. Since today a flow fails randomly either on Update-Trigger, on condition check (ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.) or later on when creating a new record. Everytime I get the 401 error with the "Access denied for resource: 'https://customer.crm4.dynamics.com/'.". I checked the connection, set it up again, refreshed password but nothing worked.

The flow has been added to a solution and worked fine previously.

Is this only a temporary issue like we encounter it since flow was released in preview mode? Because everywhere this issue gets mentioned it says it has been fixed or it was just temporary.

Thanks in advance

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.

@Anonymous, I'm curious, do you use a trigger? And does the flow fail at random actions or at a specific one and only?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have several triggers: recurrence, cds creation and http requests. If we retrieve multiple records from our d365(cds steps), we get the error. Even parallel queries can work and not work in branches.

@Anonymous, thanks for the quick response. In my case I'm using dynamics 365 standard steps thus it really seems to be a global issue and is not confined to a special case.

kv
Frequent Visitor

Same here.

I've been changing a few conditional access policies on Azure yesterday, and today it stopped working. First I thought it was blocking legacy auth, but that is not the issue. Seems to be something else...

thomas_schick
Frequent Visitor

Same here, A Flow that used to work 100% fine and was not changed in any way started randomly failing with the same error message since this week.

Any news? Did any of you already create a support ticket?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tvd_nziyes we have a ticket. so far no news from there. but immo it seems to be fine again.

@Anonymous, I still get the trigger error notification but the flows run successfully. Magic.

Hi @tvd_nzi,

Has your problem still existed? What's the connector you are using?

You can share the screenshots of the error messages, it will be helpful for assistance.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft , the issue has been resolved as it seems. No trigger error notification and the flows run successfully. Could you please tell us what was the issue? As this thread proves it wasn't a special case.

Hi @tvd_nzi,

Just previous you said, it is a tempory issue, it will happen when the server not stable.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-litu-msft, thanks for your reply. I will tell our customers that microsoft servers are unstable and we don't know when they're going to address this. Cat LOL

Hey@v-litu-msft , we're excited to hear what caused flows to randomly fail with the error message: "Not authorized..". Any news?

Hi @tvd_nzi,

Have you confirm the connections are correct?

If it isn't, please fix the invalid connection or create a new connection.

Best Regards,

@v-litu-msft, I'm asking what caused the flow to fail randomly on that day nothing else

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-litu-msft A flow works, all parameters in the error step are constant. No changes, ten minutes later it does not work. Another ten minutes and it works again. We have cases where two parallel steps work and do not work, and there is no real difference between them. -> The connectionsettings can not be the problem.

@tvd_nziDoes the problem still occur? Our last error was days ago.

@Anonymous, no, everything works as expected (but for how long?). I want to know the cause of the issue. I wasted already too much time with flow considering its already GA and not still Preview. Would accept burned hours in preview but not GA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (44,393)