cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rmr16
Level: Power Up

Flow: removing html from email body during transfer to "description" field in Trello card

I am using a Flow that transfers individual emails in the Office 365 Outlook online email client to individual Trello cards. The email body becomes the description field on the "back" of the Trello card.

The Flow works fine, but the html code in emails shows up as text in the description (Trello cards use "markdown," and html isn't recognized), which of course adds a lot of clutter and makes it difficult to read the content.

I'd like to find a way to simply transfer the body of the email as plain text, with the html code removed. 

Is there any way do this? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
hpkeong
Level 10

Re: Flow: removing html from email body during transfer to "description" field in Trello c

Hi

I am not sure if this will help to solve your problem in one of my post.

Useful features of Powerapps (12) - Email and Concat

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Useful-Features-of-PowerApps-12-Email-amp-Concat...

Hope this helps.

hpkeong
rmr16

Re: Flow: removing html from email body during transfer to "description" field in Trello c

Thank you hpkeong for your suggestion. I see that in your example records are being concatenated and put into an email. In my case I am starting with an email, transferring the body of an Outlook email into a Trello card description field. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if there may be some way to adapt your solution to my problem. Can you suggest how I might proceed?

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi rmr16,

Apologize for the late response.

I checked your threads and moved it from PowerApps forum to Microsoft Flow forum.

And I suspect you are using the following Microsoft Flow template here?

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/c0737dbdda7c4e69b34e64cefca6dda5/create-...

And Regarding your issue, I could confirm that the Email body is in HTML format under Description, Microsoft Flow is not like PowerApps, which have a HtmlText that could convert the Html content into text, and there is no functions available in Microsoft Flow could achieve that, currently.

What I could think of an available way is the following workaround:

First, generate the Email content into Excel file, then convert the HTML content into Text under Excel, after that, create a flow to insert the Excel rows into Trello.

Hope the information above is helpful.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rmr16

Thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate place and for your interesting workaround idea. I will try to make that work.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rmr16,

Do you need any further help on this topic?

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kellye715

I am looking to do something similar - taking HTML text from the body of an Outlook event and add it to an Excel table.  Is there an easy way to take the text string only from the Outlook event (versus the surrounding code)?  Thanks!

mayurmacwan

Thanks, this was very helpful. 

I was trying to do something similar, create JIRA ticket from an outlook email, and was facing same issue where Description was the Body of the email and it contained all the nasty html tags. 

I used HTMLtoText action  in LogicApp to convert html text from email body to plain text. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,898)