cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mischa2710
Helper II
Helper II

Flow replaces old comment instead of adding new comment to old comment in a column of a sharepoint list

Hi together,

my approval flow creates status comments in a column of a sharepoint list. Unfortunately the new comment overwrites the old comment. This should be avoided, but I don´t know how. 

I tried to use the column with single line and multible line. Unfortunately not with the wished result.

I know that it works, as I´ve seen it in a great video from @Reza Dorrani.

Has anyone an idea? Thanks in advance.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Mischa2710 

Reza is doing what I have explained. He is building up a new comment line and at the bottom of the comment section he is calling the last known content of the column, you see that as a green action.

C40ABB7F-BCBF-471B-8852-A38BDB9679D4.jpeg

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mischa2710 

If you’re looking to append the comments to the existing column, you’ll need to get the current value of that column and append the new comment alongside the old. So your value in the column for create item will be both the existing column dynamic content value and the new dynamic content. Otherwise it will always overwrite with the new.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

Hi Damien,

that´s of course a possibility but I think it´s more a setting in sharepoint. If you take a look at Rezas video  you will see that he didn´t include the old comment in his flow by creating the new comment in approval comments column.

So I think there must be another way. But nevertheless thanks for your help.

Michael

@Mischa2710 

Reza is doing what I have explained. He is building up a new comment line and at the bottom of the comment section he is calling the last known content of the column, you see that as a green action.

C40ABB7F-BCBF-471B-8852-A38BDB9679D4.jpeg

Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

Thank you very much. Oh my god, I´m so stupid, I´ve overseen this. 😁

Mischa2710
Helper II
Helper II

done by mistake

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (17,624)