cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Flow runs when you did not want it to

I have found this to be an irregular issue.  I build flows based on schedules.  When I go into edit the flow, I do my edits and simply close.

I have found that the flow has been triggered and has started running when I did not want it to.  This is very dangerous as it is taking action whan it is not supposed too

Has anyone esle experienced the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leyburn19 ,

The "Recurrence" trigger would always automatically run when it is firstly added to a flow when you save the flow, and it is the feature of this trigger but not an irregular issue.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry,  but I find that is a questionable feature.  Creating a scheduled should not automatically run when created or modified.  If I want to do that to test the flow I use a Manual Button First

This feature archived 5000 records before I realised it was running.  Luckily I could recover but it was a waste of my time as it should not have happened until I wanted it to.

@leyburn19
You might consider simply turning the Flow off - that way it will not run and you can still make and save edits.
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Sorry,  but I find that is counter intuitive.  Why would a schedule flow run when created or modified when it is not the schedule it was given.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,386)