Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Flow saves xlsx attachment from shared mailbox - cannot be opened by Excel

I have a flow:

When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)

1. Apply to Each > Get Attachment (V2)
  2. Initialize Variable > varFileName (string) > concat(utcNow('yyyyMMddhhmmss'),'_','COBOReport.xlsx')
  3. Apply to Each > Create File > (I provide Site Address, Doc Library  name, and varFilename for File Name configuration)
    1. File Content = Dynamic Content (Attachments Content)

Everything works great.  File gets saved as 20210429095033_COBOReport.xlsx

However, the file cannot be opened by Excel - something is wrong with it.  

Yet, I can open the email and the .xlsx file is perfectly fine - there is nothing wrong with the attachment.

How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@isaac1 you are getting error because by default there is no content available for attachment, here is the flow which works. I have used a different trigger but remaining actions would be same for both us.

jinivthakkar_0-1619763632109.png

I tried this with 2 attachments and it worked fine for both.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@isaac1 you are getting error because by default there is no content available for attachment, here is the flow which works. I have used a different trigger but remaining actions would be same for both us.

jinivthakkar_0-1619763632109.png

I tried this with 2 attachments and it worked fine for both.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks!  Interestingly, last night (after I posted here), I came across that solution too - and tried to implement it, but when I did, the Flow ran (no error) and then the resulting file exhibited the same problem.  However, this morning, I can clearly see that I made a mistake....I had the Create File outside of the apply to each - somehow I'd messed up the sequence of steps.

Anyway - you are right - this now works, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,521)