cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chung

Flow sending company-wide emails

Hello Community,

We have a SharePoint list logging our internal IT system outage. In the journey of exploring MS Flow, we were wondering if we could have Flow send out a company-wide email to a distribution list which contains everyone is our company (around 500 users) whenever there's item added to that outage list?

We know Microsoft markets Flow more as a personal workflow engine. Is there any limitations as far as how many recipients Flow can send mails to? If not, would you recommend we use Flow for scenario or scenarios similar mentioned above?

I appreciate your feedback

Thanks,

Chung

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

Chung:

Flow isn't sending an email directly.  Rather Flow, via the Office 365 Outlook connector, is triggering an email that will be sent from Exchange.

Therefore, you shouln't have any issues sending a company wide email using your distrbution list via Flow and the Office 365 Outlook connector.

You may want to consider send the email form a shared mailbox.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

Chung:

Flow isn't sending an email directly.  Rather Flow, via the Office 365 Outlook connector, is triggering an email that will be sent from Exchange.

Therefore, you shouln't have any issues sending a company wide email using your distrbution list via Flow and the Office 365 Outlook connector.

You may want to consider send the email form a shared mailbox.

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your feedback. We actually establish a service account so we can build and govern shared flows more efficiently. The service account do have the Exchange Online license and has it's own mailbox.

If I understanding you correctly - since we create the flow under the service account, basically it means the emails send out to all employees would be sent from the service account, correct?

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

Yes - you are correct assuming that the connection is using the service account.

Scott
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ Chung,

I couldn't find any documentation about the limitations of how many recipients Flow can send mails to,I'm assume that @ScottShearer is right, you shouln't have any issues sending a company wide email using your distrbution list via Flow and the Office 365 Outlook connector.

Please take a try to sending a company wide email using your distrbution list with Flow and the Office 365 Outlook connector and let me know if the flow could achieve your needs.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,119)