cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow sends one email per row, need only one email sent

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flow that my teammates can enter a value using forms. Then, I need Flow to go see if the value is listed in the key column in an excel table. If Flow finds it in the table, then I need it to send one email to the submission user with all the info in the columns listed in the table for that row. If Flow can't find it, I need it to send only one email to the submission user. 

The problem I'm experiencing is that Flow checks each row in the table and sends an email for each row. So if there are five rows, you get five emails. I am too new to flow to figure out how to send one email only. Either saying it found it, or it didn't.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ktownley ,

I understand your requirement and would offer you a proper workaround if you could provided more details about your excel tble and your flow.

You could check if the value is listed in each row in the excel table in the Condtions in the flow below:

1.png

2.png

And in the Condition 2 you could check if the value is listed in the excel table, the you could send the email based on the result.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ktownley ,

I understand your requirement and would offer you a proper workaround if you could provided more details about your excel tble and your flow.

You could check if the value is listed in each row in the excel table in the Condtions in the flow below:

1.png

2.png

And in the Condition 2 you could check if the value is listed in the excel table, the you could send the email based on the result.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! This got me exactly where I needed to go. My flow works just like i need it to now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (26,101)