cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow starts only after edit/save

Hello!

I've seen that this question has already been discussed in this forum, but I can't find a way to solve the problem.

I've a flow that should triggers when a new file is created on SharePoint, but it starts only when I edit/save the flow.

This can't be the correct way to execute the flow. I've tried to recrete the flow, tried to export/import and started the Trial period of Power Automate to see if something changes. But every try has failed.

I've noticed that this behaviour is quite common. With other accounts in different tenants I've many flows that suffer the same problem.

Am I doing something wrong?

This is my flow right now:

Cattura_flow_warrant.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow starts only after edit/save

@Pepozzo if you could post a screenshot of your flow that might help  identify whether there's a problem somewhere.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@RobElliott sorry. I've added a screenshot of my flow in the first post.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Pepozzo 

I haven't really come across that issue but here are a few things that I would recommend: 1. Can you check if these flows were created as copies or from templates? In such a case you can try deleting the trigger of the flow and it back to check if you continue to face the same issues. 

2. You might also want to delete the current connection to SharePoint from the connectors and add it back so that the connection is recreated and refreshed. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,356)