cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manc_Gurl
Helper III
Helper III

Flow takes forever to trigger

I have a flow that runs on an SP library when an item is created or modified.  There is a condition which checks the current status field and a hidden previous status field.  When the flow runs it works as expected, the problem is it triggers sometimes immediately (although not often) and mostly ages after the item was modified in sharepoint.  Sometimes it can trigger hours later.  This is frustrating because my flow is modifying permissions on documents.  Is this normal behaviour, should it take this long to trigger?

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Manc_Gurl ,

Could you share the specific configuration of Flow?

Have you set the trigger condition, if it is, and it affects the time of the Flow trigger, you can try not to set the trigger condition.

Instead, configure the Condition directly under the trigger to determine if the value of the status field is as expected, and if so, execute the remaining action.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JohannaM
Advocate I
Advocate I

We have the same issue.

We have a flow that has been running correctly for about 2 months and all of a sudden we have started experiencing problems.

Our flow is triggered from a sharepoint list on Created and modified, no other conditions.

We are having flows that are not being triggered for upto 15 minutes from the sharepoint list being created and other flows are within seconds of being created.

@v-bacao-msft  I have no set the condition in the trigger itself no, the reason I haven't done that is because my condition is comparing two fields, the value of a choice field and a single line of text, if they are different the flow should run.  Currently when it does run this works but I have the condition in a control.  I am not sure how to write the formula in the trigger itself.

I also recently found out that Microsoft may have updated their pricing plan, that may be a reason why my flow doesn't run instantly since I am using the free plan?

Hi Guys,

I can see this post is 6+months old but thought I'd posy my fix (workaround) anyway

Same issue here. We actually created a Recurrence Flow which runs every 60mins (this can be adjusted to every 1min) so that any documents the automated flow doesn't pickup the Recurrence flow will.

Hope this is of some use

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (19,342)