cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmart
Helper II
Helper II

Flow that automatically creates an order from a quote?

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have an order created automatically from a quote once a flow is triggered? (If so what are the actions used for it)

Currently you can do this manually by clicking the create Order from a quote once it is activated, however wanted to automate it if a certain scenario happens. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
p_doc
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @jimmart ,

Can you please provide more information and screen shots of the flow you have.

Hi @p_doc 

I dont have any current flow setup yet and dont know really what action to use to get it done, I know what trigger actions needs to be made but not sure about the part where it does this.

To give you an overview what I am trying to achieve is to get this manual process done by powerautomate.

1. When a quote is activated the option create order comes up on the Quote, 

jimmart_0-1635850204105.png

What that does then is give you a window like this.

jimmart_1-1635850241658.png

After the user clicks ok on it, It would then automatically create an order out of the quote (which carries the details about the quote, quote line items, opportunity etc to the order created)

Is there a certain action command on that button that I could check and use on the flow? any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks again @p_doc 

p_doc
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @jimmart ,

Try using the flow, that would solve your problem.

Hi @p_doc 

Can you be more specific? are you referring to the processes inside Dynamics? If so what action should i use there. Thanks

p_doc
Helper III
Helper III

1) Workflow triggers

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/it/2017/03/28/business-process-flow-automation-in-dynam...

2) Power automate flow

select any D265 trigger that suits to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,232)