cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
sumak
Level: Powered On

Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hi All,

 

I have a flow that gets triggered when a form submission happens. But this keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error. This flow has worked consistently in the past and also when i rerun the failed run also it runs successfully. I have checked the connections and they all are ok (no errors on any connection). This is very frustrating becuase i have to contactly keep an eye on the flow runs to make sure there are no failures and to rerun the failed ones.

 

Does nayone know why this is happening or how to fix this issue?

 

Thanks,

suma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hey @sumak 

 

 

Like @v-bacao-msft  said, you should delete and re-add your get response details step.

I had that too with a flow that was running correctly but somehow it would fail even though the connection wasn't changed or the rights of the user, that runs this step, were still the same.

Re-adding the step solved it for me.

 

Kind regards

 

Tom





Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!





View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hi @sumak ,

 

Could you provide a full screenshot of Flow configuration?

Could you provide specific Flow run history and error message?

I did a test on my side, I didn't see a similar problem, and the Flow run history shows Succeeded.

31.PNG

 

Please provide more details and we would provide proper workaround.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sumak
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hi Barry,

 

HEre is the screenshot of my flow where it failed and also a image of connections i am using in this flow. As i mentioned it fails randomly and when i rerun the flow it finishes successfully. Sometimes fails on action "Get response details"  and sometimes on action "Update a Task" for a planner:

 

FormFailure1.pngFormFailure2.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hi @sumak ,

 

It seems that there is a problem with authentication, so Unauthorized is displayed.

 

I recommend that you reconfigure the connection for Get response details action and see if the problem still exists.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hey @sumak 

 

 

Like @v-bacao-msft  said, you should delete and re-add your get response details step.

I had that too with a flow that was running correctly but somehow it would fail even though the connection wasn't changed or the rights of the user, that runs this step, were still the same.

Re-adding the step solved it for me.

 

Kind regards

 

Tom





Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!





View solution in original post

sumak
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Hi All,

 

Thanks for the responses. Issue is now resolved even though i did not really do any changes and the flow isnt failing anymore. But it is this randomness in failures that makes me nervous to use flows more often to implement other workflows. 

 

Thanks.

MatosA23_
Level: Power Up

Re: Flow that was working and works on rerun keeps failing randomly with "Action 'Get response details' failed" error

Im with the same issue. These flows work it is just sometimes that doesnt 

Yes if I recreate the flow it will work.

Does anyone know why this is happening.?

Sometimes works sometimes doesn't, and the resubmit is the same sometimes goes through and sometimes stays on running

And because there is no reference on the flows I dont know if the 2 runnings are 2 new flows or it is trying to run the failed one. 

flow.PNG

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,033)