cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsUser4
Frequent Visitor

Flow theory for multiple Sharepoint lists

Hi Flow Community.

This is my first post here - I'm used to Power Bi and Power App. Now it is time for Flow. 

Let me go straight to a problem - and let me know if it is even efficient to be done.

I have 10 sharepoint lists with more or less same columns. Lets say, all essencial columns are same. I would like to have all my sharepoint lists in 1 "General sharepoint list" (I am able to join it with power BI but this not satisfy my).

Here is the user story:

If someone adds or edit something on 1 of 10 sharepoint lists i would like to have it added/edited in my general sharepoint list.

On the other hand if I edit something in my general sharepoint list i would like to have it updated on 1 of my 10 SHP lists (there will be an ID for this list, and ofc ID for the record)

best regards!

2 REPLIES 2
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

If someone adds or edit something on 1 of 10 sharepoint lists i would like to have it added/edited in my general sharepoint list.

So, you probably need to use trigger 'When an item is created or modified', then identify if item is either created or modified, if created, create a mirror item on the general sharepoint list, if modified, update the mirror item on the general SP list. We discussed some hours ago how to distinguis between created and modified in this other thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-item-was-create-modified/m-p/522305#M66837

On the other hand if I edit something in my general sharepoint list i would like to have it updated on 1 of my 10 SHP lists (there will be an ID for this list, and ofc ID for the record)

This is more tricky, since you need a second flow with a similar implementation to the first one, monitoring general SP list and applying changes to particular SP lists, but please note you can enter an infinite loop: Flow#1 is executed, updates general SP list, then Flow#2 is executed, updates particular SP list, then Flow#1 is again executed....

So you will probably need to apply one of these approaches to avoid infinite loops.

https://powernimbus.com/2019/06/microsoft-flow-avoiding-the-sharepoint-list-update-trigger-infinite-...

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@PowerAppsUser4 

I agree with the comments made by @efialttes .  

Regarding the infinite loop issue, here is a link to a blog post that I wrote that details one approach to resolving this issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,175)