cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikael1
Level: Powered On

Flow to SharePoint list

Hi!

Im using Flow to add Microsoft Forms information to a SharePoint list. Is there any way to get the Forms name in to the flow?

This way I can see what forms users have been doing together with their name, response and date.

Best Regards

Mikael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to SharePoint list

Hi @Mikael1 ,

As I mentioned, a Flow can only monitor the response of a Forms, so we can only specify a Form Id.

I am afraid you need to create 50 similar Flows to achieve your needs, but you can easily create a copy of this Flow by Save as.

Then you only need to change the Form Id in each copy of Flow and change the corresponding Form Name in Compose.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CollabTechie
Level 8

Hi @Mikael1 

I haven't figured out a way to do this with Forms (standard). Hard coding it into my Flow on the create Item action for each Form that uses the list works well for me, and isn't much effort.

Hope this helps!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark as solution or give thumbs up if this was helpful

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Mikael1 ,

As far as I know, if you use When a new response is submitted as a trigger, you can only specify a Form, so you just need to enter the name of the Form in Compose. Then you can use this Form Name in other Flow actions.

72.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Mikael1
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-bacao-msft and @CollabTechie 

Thanks for your respons. The thing here is that i have about 50 Forms that users are using, and every time I want the Sharepointlist to be updated with Name for the Form, time, name. Hardcoding this will lead to 50 Flows, on for every Form!

I will looking for a soultion, if you find something please update me

Regards

Mikael

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Mikael1 ,

As I mentioned, a Flow can only monitor the response of a Forms, so we can only specify a Form Id.

I am afraid you need to create 50 similar Flows to achieve your needs, but you can easily create a copy of this Flow by Save as.

Then you only need to change the Form Id in each copy of Flow and change the corresponding Form Name in Compose.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
AKRogers
Level 8

@Mikael1,

Instead of hard coding the names into 50 separate flows, what if you kept this information in a list in SharePoint?  When you build a form, grab the ID and form name and populate a list.  That way when your original flow runs it can check for a match against the SharePoint list and pull back the appropriate form name for use later in the flow or in another SharePoint list.  You'd basically be creating a lookup for yourself.

I hope that helps!

Ashley

If this response provided an answer to your question please mark it as a solution so that others can find it.

If you found this helpful, consider giving it a thumbs up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,707)